Awesome hosts "frame" a show


This golden frame is like an awesome improv host because it
is beautiful in a complimentary way to the main attraction. 
It classes up and features the art.
It defines the boundaries of the piece - the beginning and end.


I aim to be like the golden frame when I host shows.

Great hosts react to the performance and to the crowd. They are of the crowd and of the show at the same time. That means framing and then enjoying the moments of the show. I'll write more about being in the moment as a host in my next post.

Happy Framing! 
My Mona Lisa hands help me frame



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions?

Blog

My goal is to "be in the now" when I perform on stage, when I teach, and in the biggest moments of my life. These are the lessons I've learned along the way.

Help me raise $ for Easter Seals

Dirty Little Secrets Improv Show

CATCH Dirty Little Secrets Improv Show!

Catch this new UNSCRIPTED sketch show: LIGHTS!

Catch my upcoming Improv Show - Dirty Little Secrets

https://www.facebook.com/dan.dumsha/

Thoughts on Improv & Life

MOVEMBER!

Well, it's been 5 years since I've grown a MO for Movember. For my dad, for my nephews, and for myself.... I'm joining the team...